Work activities give rise to many hazards which present risks to workers and the public.
Organisations need to establish a positive health and safety culture, promoting employee involvement and commitment at all levels, and emphasizing that deviation from established health and safety standards is not acceptable.
The way employees treat risks depends on their perception of how they relate to them and the things they value. In order for employees to react to danger they must first recognise the danger.
Since Working Safely was first launched in 1993, over 200,000 people from a huge range of sectors have successfully completed the course and learned how to ‘work safely’.
Workers need to have a sufficient understanding of their responsibilities if they are to manage health and safety effectively
IOSH Working Safely is for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding in the essentials of Health and Safety. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ and this course offers exactly that. This course is designed as an introduction to health and safety in the workplace for staff. It focuses on the basic principles of health and safety at work.
IOSH Working Safely is a completely new approach to health and safety training.
- It is a one-day course offering all the basics in a high impact interactive package
- fantastic quality animated graphics created exclusively for the course
- a presentation that’s designed to be fun and get people fully involved and interested
- first class, jargon-free technical content based on what people need to know in practice, not off- putting legal language
- clear scenarios drawn from genuine work situations to drive home practical points
- the very latest training tips and suggestions – from grabbing and retaining attention to maximising the training experience and making sure key points are taken on board
- assessments built into the day’s training – no need for follow-on tests on separate days, taking up valuable work time
IOSH Working Safely is for people at any level, in any sector, who need a ‘grounding’ in the essentials of health and safety. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ – and this course offers exactly that.
The course is the best introductory health and safety training for all staffs and new employees.
IOSH Working Safely covers…
1. Introducing Working safely
It is not unusual for delegates coming on an introductory course to think that accidents only happen to ‘other people’. This module stresses the realities of the human suffering behind the statistics and emphasises the importance of personal responsibility.
2. Defining hazard and risk
This module puts ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ into everyday language, and uses familiar examples to show what can happen. Importantly, it makes it clear that even something that is very simple or repeated over and over again can go wrong, with serious consequences. Focusing on the six broad hazard groups, delegates are asked to think about the hazards and risks they come across in their own work. ‘Risk assessment’ is demystified – delegates learn that we all carry out informal assessments day in, day out.
3. Identifying common hazards
All the main issues are covered in this module – entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise and the working environment, slips, trips and falls, and manual handling. Each area is backed by crystal clear examples and recognisable scenarios, and useful summaries
4. Improving safety performance
This module deals with systems and processes, making sure that any jargon is explained in easily understood terms. The session bridges the gap between management and workforce, encouraging delegates to play a part in processes that are commonly seen as just down to their manager or
supervisor. Other areas – including contract work, inspections, safe systems and permits, protective equipment, signage, emergency procedures, reporting and health checks – are all focused on from the delegate’s point of view.
5. Protecting our environment
A short but effective introduction to waste and pollution leads into a look at how organisations and individual team members can get involved in reducing environmental impacts. Memorable and thought-provoking
By the end of the training delegates will be able to :
- Identify common hazards in the workplace.
- Be aware that some types of injury or ill-health can occur after prolonged exposure.
- Identify factors that constitute a satisfactory working environment.
- Appreciate how individual actions may endanger colleagues or those passing through the workplace.
By a multiple choice examination which tests the ability to put into practice the knowledge gained during the course.
ASSESSMENT | Slide Up
Understanding of the course material is evaluated by means of multi-choice questions and a hazard spotting exercise.
Delegates who successfully complete the written and practical assessments can choose between IOSH’s Working Safely Certificate or a credit card-sized IOSH ‘Passport’ Card.[/su_spoiler][su_spoiler title=”BENEFITS FOR EMPLOYER”]
1. Widely acclaimed Globally recognised and respected certificated training for your staffs; newly employed staffs
2. Peace of mind offered training that is designed and quality controlled by the foremost Chartered body for health and safety worldwide.
3. Minimum disruption to working days and shifts – the one-day programme includes the assessment, so there’s no need to free up further time for a test after the IOSH Working Safely meets worldwide and International Labour Organisation guidelines for Introductory Health and Safety training and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus[/su_spoiler][su_spoiler title=”PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP”]
Attend this Course and KGCL will help you apply to be a member of IOSH – Institution of Occupational Safety and Health the world’s acclaimed safety professional body
KGCL will help you apply for this.
To attend the NEBOSH International General Certificate Course
- Please download the Training Booking Form here or Register Online here
- Fill it up with your details.
- Scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Fax it to + 44 208 697 8755
- If you have any enquiries call KGCL on Felix on +44 7590 199965; Comfort on 0803 855 4517; Kunle Agbele 0809 283 9850 or Tunde on 0803 546 5891
- Pin KGCL on BB Pin 2983726E
- Send a message to KGCL on Facebook : Kafela Globalconcept
- Send a message to KGCL on LinkedIn : kafelagc
- Chat with KGCL on Skype : kafelagc
- Chat with KGCL on yahoo : kafelagc
- Chat with KGCL on MSN : kafelagc
- Chat with KGCL on gtalk : kafelagc
- Visit us on www.kafelagc.co.uk
There are limited places on each course, so take this great step towards improving your knowledge and competence in Health and Safety by booking your place on the next course NOW. This will change your life for the better and improve your employability and start the journey to becoming a Certificated Health and Safety Practitioner[/su_spoiler][su_spoiler title=”STUDY MODES”]
CLASSROOM TAUGHT SESSION
An Interactive and disciplined learning method. This session consists of an intensive and focused 10 days classroom teaching conducted within two weeks. Training consists of lectures, videos, discussions, activities, assignments and sharing of professional experiences among delegates and trainers. During this period, delegates are guided by our expert and Chartered Health and Safety Practititioner trainers who are dedicated to maintain standards of each individual.
Lunch and tea-breaks will be provided.
Tutor support will be available throughout the course of study.
Our price includes :
- Delegate registration
- IOSH fees
- Comprehensive course notes
- IOSH Certificate on successful completion